Re: Where does Kontact save contacts?

On Monday 21 June 2010, Kevin Krammer wrote:
> On Monday, 2010-06-21, Michael Schuerig wrote:

> > > That sounds like a bug, the resource should have written the file
> > > moments after the contact got added to Akonadi.
> > >
> > > Can you run "akonadiconsole" and check what the status of the
> > > resource is? When you click on it, the bottom section should show
> > > something like "Status: Online, Idle"
> >
> > The resource is online, idle an has been every time I looked. In
> > the meantime, I've restarted Kontact multiple times, but as far as
> > I can tell from the modification times and file contents in that
> > directory, changes are not written. Neither are they picked up,
> > when I change one of the .vcf files there manually.
>
> Can you check on the second tab, when you click on the folder of the
> personal contacts resource, if all entries listed on the right hand
> side have a "remote id"?

All but one entry have remote ids. The one missing an id is the one I
created for testing previously. I don't think I have created any other
contacts recently.

> > So, the interesting question remains: where are my contacts?
>
> It seems they are currently only in the cache.
> You can try this:
> create a vcard resource, chose any filename.
>
> Copy the contacts to that resource.

I have created a single file vcard resource, copied all the contacts
there and deleted them from the original resource. Then I have copied
everything back and re-sync'd the resource and now, apparently, it keeps
the directory contents synchronized. So now it works, although I can't
say exactly why.

Michael

--
Michael Schuerig