Re: update-notifier-kde, freespacenotifier: where's the UI?

On Wednesday 02 June 2010, Sune Vuorela wrote:
> On 2010-06-02, Michael Schuerig <michael@schuerig.de> wrote:
> > The description for freespacenotifier says
> >
> >  This module notifies the user when space is running out in
> >  /home or in one of the other directories, where you can configure
> >  freespacenotifier to monitor.
> >
> > And indeed, in the package contents I can see some configuration
> > related files. However, I can't find a way to get to a settings
> > window.
>
> The configuration window is available only when freespacenotifier
> notifies you about lack of free space. It is available thru the
> notification.
>
> > For update-notifier-kde, apparently, there is nothing to configure.
>
> Nope. there is nothing to configure. What would you like to be able
> to configure?
>
> /Sune
>  - debian maintainer of freespacenotifier
>  - debian maintainer and upstream developer of update-notifier-kde

I don't want to configure anything, I would just like to know or be able
to easily find out what to expect from these packages. I think in both
cases it would be nice to have a README that states something like this

"This package runs a background process managed by the KDE daemon. It
watches for <condition XYZ> and alerts the user through the KDE
notification system if that condition is met."

Michael

--
Michael Schuerig
mailto:michael@schuerig.de