Re: authentication fails when trying to change time settings with systemsettings (sid)

On 05/28/2010 05:53 PM, Modestas Vainius wrote:
Hello,

On penktadienis 28 Gegužė 2010 10:25:52 te.richardson@gmail.com wrote:
Trying to use 4.4.3's systemsettings on sid to change date/time fails
when trying to gain root privileges.
(work-around is kdesu systemsettings)

Are others getting this problem? I guess so. I did some googling and
came across threads where kde say it's an upstream bug, yet providing
workaround which involve moving some files around in the the directory
structure, which sounds like a distribution could fix this.
but it's well over my head.
However, I think it would be a shame for Debian not to fix this (easy
for me to say, of course).
Install polkit-kde-1. It is Recommends of some KDE SC core package and Depends
of kde-standard.

So it is a general rule from now on - please install kde-standard if you want
as painless KDE SC as possible or you really know what you are doing.

thanks, that worked.