Re: How to get kdict or aequivalent in KDE4 / Squeeze?

On Thu, May 20, 2010 at 02:35:59AM +0300, Modestas Vainius wrote:
> On ketvirtadienis 20 Geguže 2010 01:17:45 Dirk Salva wrote:
> > On Thu, May 20, 2010 at 12:04:50AM +0300, Modestas Vainius wrote:
> > > Just FYI, there is no kicker in KDE 4. The closest equivalent to it is
> > > Plasma panel widget. But contrary to KDE 3 design, you may place plasma
> > > widget anywhere on your desktop including panel.
> > Yes. And that's the reason why I'm trying Gnome at the moment...
> I don't understand why more flexibility in this particular case could be the
> reason,

That's mostly simple: maybe that there is "more flexibility", but I do
not need and I do not want "more flexibility". Flexibility in my view
is to choose myself what I need and what don't. And not let the
developers choose. And since the last update I must install an
SQL-Server even though I do not need it as I do not need the
funcionality that depends on the database-server.
KDE 3.5... from Lenny worked _perfectly_ for me. I am missing my kdict,
I am missing to "opt-out" the gkrellm's from the task-changer (with
Alt-Tab). And why is KDE4 not able to stretch the 2560x1024-pic over my
two xinerama-screens? I upsets the big picture always to one of the
screens. That's absolutely awful:-(

> but I hope gnome will serve your needs well.
I will try... Perhaps I have to try another desktop-manager, perhaps in
a few years, when the KDE-developers have learned that their opinion is
not compulsively the opinion of the customer, I'll come back to KDE.
But at the moment I am _very_ disappointed from KDE4.

ciao, Dirk