Re: Problem with ALC662 Intel HDA

http://www.mjmwired.net/kernel/Documentation/sound/alsa/HD-Audio-Models.txt)
> and the option mentioned above was that worked best.
>

>  I am a novice user of Linux. So I ask you for help. How could I help
>  solve
> this problem? What is the right place to report this bug?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Motherboard: ASUS M2N68-AM SE
> Debian Lenny
> Squeeze Debian / Sid

may be this will help you

/usr/src/linux/Documentation/sound/alsa/HD-Audio-Models.txt

ALC662/663/272
==============
  3stack-dig    3-stack (2-channel) with SPDIF
  3stack-6ch     3-stack (6-channel)
  3stack-6ch-dig 3-stack (6-channel) with SPDIF
  6stack-dig     6-stack with SPDIF
  lenovo-101e    Lenovo laptop
  eeepc-p701    ASUS Eeepc P701
  eeepc-ep20    ASUS Eeepc EP20
  ecs           ECS/Foxconn mobo
  m51va         ASUS M51VA
  g71v          ASUS G71V
  h13           ASUS H13
  g50v          ASUS G50V
  asus-mode1    ASUS
  asus-mode2    ASUS
  asus-mode3    ASUS
  asus-mode4    ASUS
  asus-mode5    ASUS
  asus-mode6    ASUS
  dell          Dell with ALC272
  dell-zm1      Dell ZM1 with ALC272
  samsung-nc10  Samsung NC10 mini notebook
  auto          auto-config reading BIOS (default)

read also /usr/src/linux/Documentation/sound/alsa/HD-Audio.txt

There is also excelent ALSA documentation in their project page.

write also in feature how you are testing things (which programs) and
possibly supply log information.

i.e.
        arecord -L
and