Re: What needs to improve in KDE 4?

Am Montag 10 Mai 2010 schrieb Nate Bargmann:
> * On 2010 10 May 11:50 -0500, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> > Yes, 4.2 and now 4.4 seem to behave badly without a clean ~/.kde. I
> > find that very disturbing and unstable.
>
> For the record, I had a clean ~/.kde for 4.2 when it hit Sid about a
> year ago and upgraded the offered KDE packages through 4.3.4, IIRC, and
> then started with a clean ~/.kde for Sid's new 4.4.3.
>
> - Nate >>

IMHO when a config setting is not handled properly on upgrade of KDE its a
bug.

I migrated configuration from KDE 3.5.10 and just pressed on "Reset to
defaults" for quite some appearance related settings in order to switch
them to Oxygen. There have been issues, but I mostly didn't file them as
bugs.

Only one I triaged and filed: The separator "58" for colon for web
shortcuts in kuriikwsrc or something like that it was is not recognized by
KRunner, only by Konqueror. ":" instead works with both. Unfortunately
Konqueror saved it as "58" not as ":".

Anyway I suggest to file those issues as concrete as possible as bugs as
you manage to take time for it.