Re: What needs to improve in KDE 4?

On 2010-05-10 Dotan Cohen wrote:
> I also would experience Krunner freezes on backspace, KDE 4.2 - 4.3,
> but I cannot reproduce now on 4.4. I started 4.4 on a new ~/.kde
> folder, can you try in a new user profile and report back? Thanks.

I have a brand new, clean install of 4.4.3 and I experience 'freezes' as well.
I've put quotes around it since it appears to freeze, ie doesn't seem to do anything for > 10
seconds.
For example: Alt+F2 to start Krunner, type "kwrite" <enter> ... doesn't seem to do anything.
So I start kwrite from the ALI (Lancelot in my case) and kwrite starts and then starts another
instance, probably from the Krunner (since Krunner window disappears).

Other times though, it works straight away, even with the same command. So it's not very consistent.

Diederik