Re: Fwd: Re: Kde 3.5 ...

On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 8:38 PM, Mike Bird <mgb-debian@yosemite.net> wrote:
On Mon May 10 2010 05:14:57 Adrian von Bidder wrote:
> So far most of the "discussion" has been whining about where KDE 4 is
> perceived to be worse than KDE 3.5 and whining that "somebody should please
> do something".

KDE 4 has far more problems - both conceptually and in
implementation - than KDE 3.5.  I wasn't aware that KDE 4
had received an exemption from discussion of problems.  Every
other package in Debian seems able to stand the heat.

Nevertheless the KDE 3.5 users are not trying to block KDE 4
in any way.  It is the KDE 4 true believers who are obstructing
KDE 3.5 at every opportunity.

Now if you have nothing useful to say about KDE 3.5, please
stop trolling this thread.

--Mike Bird

Hi Mike,

If you really care about KDE 3.5, I would suggest that you follow the footstep of Mr. Marillat of Debian-multimedia [ http://debian-multimedia.org/ ]

Feel free to host the KDE 3.5 source and build server, and provide the opportunity for KDE3.5 users to install it to their Debian computer by just adding a single configuration line on /etc/apt/sources.list

If you see in the Debian-multimedia site, there are a lot of packages that overlaps with the official Debian repository, but it does helps users (like me) to use packages that are not really up to their liking in the official repository.

Thanks.

--
Sharuzzaman Ahmat Raslan