Is it just me or is this a Debian list?

Heyho!

Yes, KDE 4 is not was KDE 3 was.  It is different.  This can be discussed
and there probably is no "right" answer.

But my impression is that this list is about packaging KDE for Debian and
not about developing Debian.  There are KDE mailing lists for discussions
about KDE.

I'm mostly lurking here, but I'm just wondering.  The discussion if Debian
could ship KDE 3 for squeeze was on topic at the beginning (but the question
has been answered by the KDE packagers several times already, so unless
substantial manpower shows up suddenly, please, can we let it go now?)

Discussions about reproducing KDE bugs are probably appropriate as well
since some of the bugs might be specific to Debian.  And at least it's a
technical discussion and gets some much needed QA work done.

Discussions about Kmyrandomprogram needing whizbangfeaturelib are just not
appropriate for this list.  Restating the same opinions repeatedly in
increasingly angry/annoyed tone is not helpful.  Take it up with the KDE
folks, and even if some of the KDE folks are also Debian folks: take it to
the KDE discussion space (be it lists, forums, blogs, I don't care.)

(And: my C++ skills suck and I can't devote as much time as I wished to it.
So my kmail still doesn't have sane "Ignore thread" behaviour.  Which is
probably one of the reasons I'm writing this rant as I otherwise wouldn't
have noticed that the discussions I'm talking about are still going on...
No, Sune, not much hope I'll become KDE upstream anytime soon :-)

And just so this email is not a rant only: thanks to Modestas, Sune, Ana,
Dotan and all the others who're doing a huge job and (together with the
Kernel team and the oo.org crew) have brought Debian from a "has the before-
last version in unstable, if that" distribution back to where I can use the
newest and greatest if I want to and at the same time have a stable and
supported environment if I need it.

cheers
-- vbi

--
This bug is quite subtle and only happens in a very interesting
situation where a real-time threaded process is in the middle of a