Re: kde SC 4.4

Hi Nate,

Am Freitag 07 Mai 2010 schrieb Nate Bargmann:
> I also
> think that setting a different wallpaper for each desktop could be more
> intuitive than having to enable desktop activities in the Settings
> Manager, then zoom out with the cashew, then set the wallpaper via
> right-click menu from each desktop, and find out it's a craps shoot
> which desktop has which wallpaper.  But those are nits I've noticed
> so far and are fixable.

The activities system upto to KDE 4.4 IMHO is quite broken. Activity
selection is slow, it forgets which activity is mapped to which desktop
from time to time and and and... I reported about 10 bugs just regarding
that activity system in KDE's bugtracker, of which a user named Beat Wolf
marked most invalid in the last days cause this stuff gets completely
rewritten in KDE 4.5. In KDE 4.5 there will be a new activity system
sporting Nepomuk and whatnot, I think there has been a blog post, maybe by
Aaron Seigo on Planet KDE.I agree rewriting the stuff is one of the better
things you can do with it ;-).  Let's see what comes out of it.