Re: KDE 4.4.3 in unstable

On Friday 07 May 2010 05:42:55 Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> Am Donnerstag 06 Mai 2010 schrieb Boyd Stephen Smith Jr.:
> > >
> > > Again, AFAIK, kmail does not use Akonadi in KDE 4.4.
> >
> > Have you installed and tried it?  I have.  It does require Akonadi in
> > KDE 4.4.3.
>
> Again, no. KAddressBook does. And KMail uses KAddressBook for address
> completion.

KMail did not hang during address completion.  I composed a reply without
having keyboard focus enter any of the address fields.  Once I hit the
"[Send]" button, the UI froze for both the composer and the main (Kontact)
window.

Closing either stalled and then KWin asked if I wanted to forcefully terminate
the application.  After doing so, I restarted contact from a shell in order to
watch the various messages printed.

Kontact started normally and my message was in my drafts folder.  I opened the
message from there and clicked "[Send]".  Again, the UI froze in both the
composer and the main windows.  On the console, about once every .5 sec. or
so, an error message was printing indicating that the application could not
connect to the local Akonadi server (or maybe it was that Akonadi couldn't
connect to the local DB).

In either case, KMail 4.4.3 will not send mail unless I have Akonadi and MySQL
installed.  I do not have KAddressBook or KOrganizer installed, since even the
versions from testing have a indirect Depends relationship on MySQL.