Re: Kde 3.5 ...

Am Donnerstag 06 Mai 2010 schrieb Boyd Stephen Smith Jr.:
> > We've had more than two years of being told "KDE SC 4 is good
> > enough".
> >

> > It is not.
>
> It is good enough for me.  But, I can see how the lack of items like
> Quanta,  Amarok, and K3B (to name a few) cause issues for a great many
> users.  I also understand (deeply) the concept shear that occurs when
> moving from the rote familiarity of KDE 3.4/5 to KDE SC 4.x.  Coupling
> these things together can make many users feel that KDE SC 4.x is a
> step sideways and backwards rather than a move forward, even when
> moving to something like KDE SC 4.4.

Debian carries Amarok and K3b in a KDE 4 version - I am using both. And
then there is kdevelop and kdevelop-php.

Amarok 2 is playing music on my Amarok ThinkPad T23 above the hi-fi right
now. And I burned quite some stuff with K3b from KDE 4 already. Also
KMyMoney works nicely in its KDE  4 version. Only thing missing for me is
Basket. There is a release candidate but on my last installation attempt
it didn't show any of the baskets contents, maybe due to a problem with
the installer script that made some files / directories as root in home
directory installation.