Re: Kde 3.5 ...

Hi,

> There will be at least as many people that will complain
> about not shipping KDE 4 if you were the one to decide.

Indeed. I used KDE 1, KDE 2, KDE 3 and now I am a very happy KDE 4 user which
is in my opinion the best KDE so far. I want to thank the Debian KDE Team for
doing such a great job.

IHMO, the few people that still want to use KDE 3.5 have three options:
- help the KDE developers to implement the functionality that was in KDE 3.5,
but is still missing from KDE 4
- switch to another desktop like Gnome, XFCE or LXDE that has the features
they are missing from KDE 4
- not upgrade to Lenny

Nobody is going to maintain KDE 3.5 because maintaining KDE 3.5 would mean to
also maintain Qt3 and other underlying libraries. KDE 3.5 + Qt3 + other
libraries are million lines of code, who should maintain something like that?

The Debian KDE Team clearly said that they are not doing that (and IHMO there
is absoltely no way they could do it even if they wanted to) and I think it is
quite impolite to keep asking them to do that.

Thanks again to the Debian KDE Team for doing an excellent job and I hope you
realize that the large majority of Debian KDE users is very happy with the job
you are doing!

Greetings,
Michael