Re: KDE 4.4.3 in unstable

* On 2010 06 May 08:33 -0500, Didier 'OdyX' Raboud wrote:
> Nate Bargmann wrote:
>
> > Now that my system is poised to update to KDE 4.4, I think this
> > is where I'll get off the train and let KDE go where it wants and I
> > shall go elsewhere.
> >
> > Thanks for the fish.
> >
> > - Nate >>
>
> Free software is all about freedom:
>
>  - developers are free to assign their time to whatever they see fit
>  - other developers are free to fork code and use a given codebase
>  - users are free to use the code
>  - … or not.

Please don't pander.  I am well aware of the above as I also develop a
bit of Free Software that is in Debian.

> You are free to choose whatever software fits you best. Your problem seems
> that Debian won't ship KDE 3.5 because nobody (so far) is interesting in
> doing the work. No ranting will change that (rather the opposite even).

"Problem"?  Sorry, no problem with Debian here from me.  How you have
inferred such is interesting as I've made no comment regarding the
Debian KDE package team and their decisions (noting well that the team
has almost no choice but to package what upstream makes available as
current code).  I'm making comments about one version of KDE versus
another which is the same regardless of the distribution.

> I see two paths you can take :
>
>   * change DE and stop ranting

Sorry, bub, but you have me confused with someone else.  I am not
engaging in a rant of any sort but have merely stated my observations
from using various versions of KDE and how it works or doesn't *for me*
(I've noted that several times in this thread, in fact).  The fact that
you obviously dislike reading my opinion doesn't mean I have to listen
to you telling me to shut up about it.

>   * contribute and change the situation

As a small time dev myself I can tell from that statement that you are
not one as that is the fastest way to discourage contribution from the
users of your software.  Any dev that does believe that is on the fast
track to irrelevancy,

> That's just IMHO.

Funny, my comments have been strictly about the software.  Your comments
have been strictly about *me*.  Interesting...

- Nate >>