Re: Kde 3.5 ...

Hello,

On ketvirtadienis 06 Gegužė 2010 23:12:31 Mike Bird wrote:
> On Thu May 6 2010 12:02:05 Dotan Cohen wrote:
> > Do you customarily read the complete email headers of those whom
> > with which you correspond?
>
> Email headers are not relevant to most discussions, therefore no.
>
> My point is that many KDE developers and packagers do not use KDE
> like real-world users, and therefore do not appreciate the concerns
> of real-world KDE users.

They don't because KDE SC is bloated. And they never did. It is not a secret
that Debian KDE team is lacking manpower. But you can be sure that there is at
least one person using each particular piece of software - a developer who is
writing the code (unless the code is not maintained anymore). One typically
doesn't waste precious *free* time on coding stuff that has no personal use.

> The whole semantic desktop idea is a bad joke in the real MULTI-USER
> world.  If semantics are to have any value they must evolve on the
> server from all the members of the workgroup, not an isolated user.
> The semantic desktop was fifty years out of date before the first line
> of code was written.  It's sole achievement is draining laptop batteries.

Cloud computing can't come too fast, can it? Honestly, I'm not a fan of
nepomuk/akonadi as well. So I'm no longer installing KDE SC where its bloat
becomes a problem and/or is not necessary. Yet it is still the most productive
environment for me personally.

> We've had more than two years of being told "KDE SC 4 is good enough".
>
> It is not.

Ultimate undeniable truth. Word.

--
Modestas Vainius <modestas@vainius.eu>