Re: Kde 3.5 ...

Hello,

On ketvirtadienis 06 Gegužė 2010 20:54:17 Mike Bird wrote:
> Are you aware that KDE PIM developers noticed that the percentage of
> KMail users on KDE-PIM's own mailing list has dropped below 50%?  Even
> KDE developers are fed up with KDE unreliability.

So what? People moved on. You can do the same if current situation does not
suite you OR you can actually do something real to improve situation. Ranting
isn't among that "something".

> Did you check my email's user-agent string?  It's "KMail/1.9.9" - the
> last Debian STABLE KMail.  How come you're not using KMail if it's so
> stable in KDE SC 4?

Seriously, attacks on personal preferences is the best you can do? To be
honest, it's none of your business what everybody else is using and why.
Personal preferences are highly subjective and they say really nothing about
quality of other similar software in the market. By your logic, you should be
using Windows because apparently it is the best OS in the world due to
enormous PC market penetration (over 90%).

> Sune is not interested in working on KDE 3.5 but he's using slrn via
> gmane.
>
> I have great respect for Ana's work but even Ana is using Mutt.

I tried to find a logic in this reasoning but utterly failed. If you are going
to respect Ana's work less just because she is using mutt, I believe we have
nothing to talk about.

> Have you ever actually tried converting normal office workers from
> KDE 3.5 to KDE SC 4?  I have.  Twice.  Utter failure.

Maybe. Yet what did you do to improve the situation? And maybe it was not just
KDE SC 4 fault, was it?

--
Modestas Vainius <modestas@vainius.eu>