TOra with Oracle support (was: Re: Kde 3.5 ...)

On 6 May 2010 14:06, deloptes <deloptes@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Dotan Cohen wrote:
>

>> Yes, KDE 4 seems to be much better for the average Joe. But that is
>> the reason that power users suffer at the moment! A.Joe already has
>> Gnome...
>>

> Exactly! OK, I'll look forward to test this weekend.
> Main issue for me is tora with oracle, but also a bunch of other apps that
> I'm using.
> Thanks anyway!

Speaking of which... Have you managed to compile TOra with oracle
support using dpkg-buildpackage?

I used to be able to just by setting oracle's env variables. Something
has changed, though, and now I get these messages after issuieng
dpkg-buildpackage:

-- Found Oracle: /usr/lib/oracle/11.1/client64/lib/libclntsh.so
(ORACLE_HOME='/usr/lib/oracle/11.1/client64')
-- Found XML Oracle: ORACLE_INCLUDES_XML-NOTFOUND ORACLE_LIBRARY_XML-NOTFOUND
-- Oracle not found.
-- Oracle: You can specify includes:
-DORACLE_PATH_INCLUDES=/usr/include/oracle/10.2.0.3/client
--    currently found includes: ORACLE_INCLUDES-NOTFOUND
-- Oracle: You can specify libs:
-DORACLE_PATH_LIB=/usr/lib/oracle/10.2.0.3/client/lib
--    currently found libs: /usr/lib/oracle/11.1/client64/lib/libclntsh.so
-- No Oracle OCI found. TOra will be build without Oracle support

Note that it first stats that it has found Oracle in
/usr/lib/oracle/11.1/client64, but then says that Oracle was not
found.

What do I have to do in order to compile it with Oracle support?

I am using Oracle InstantClient 11.1 libs converted from rpm do deb
with alien in a squeeze box. sqlplus works fine.

Thanks in advance for any insight on this.

Regards,
Cassiano Leal