Re: Kde 3.5 ...

On Thu, May 6, 2010 at 18:08, Dotan Cohen <dotancohen@gmail.com> wrote:

> What browser?

Konqui. Is there any other browser on earth? ;)
And yes, this is true for both KHTML & Webkit.

> Is it only on specific sites?

While some sites seem to trigger it more often, this happens with all
sites.

> Flash?

Not if I can avoid it. I have a shell alias which does a fancy

  `killall nspluginviewer`

> Heavy Javascript or even Java?

No idea about JavaScript, no Java. It seems to happen with fancier sites
that have scrollbars, frames, tables inside the page more often.

> What does top show?

Nothing I could see as the system is locked up during that time.

Note that this is not limited to Konqui, 'merely' happens with it the
most.

> Can you maybe test that on another distro as well? I remember some KDE
> 4 versions with light hangs, typing would seem slow, but I don't have
> that issue anymore. I don't know when it disappeared.

Realistically, no. Unfortunately, I don't have as much time as I used to
have.
We are not talking slight delays, either. More like "5 seconds of total
freeze".

> I know, it's not even certain where to file it. KDE? Debian?

Indeed. As the same thing happens on my very slow laptop as well, it's
not hardware or anything, at least.

Richard