Re: Kde 3.5 ...

On Thu, May 6, 2010 at 13:12, Dotan Cohen <dotancohen@gmail.com> wrote:

> The eye-candy in KDE 4 was just a consequence of using Qt4.

And of making Plasma core technology. Going so far that for several
minor releases, there was no sane way to display files on your
desktop. Granted, I don't use that anyway, this is just a random
example.

> Application stability is priority, the problem is that the people who
> are now experiencing crashes at this stage of development are not
> filing crash reports! When the early adopters moved to 4.0 and 4.1,
> they filed crash reports and now their systems are stable. File those
> reports, please! It is the only way to fix it!

Not quite true, some of us still submit every single crash. They _are_
becoming fewer, too. 4.4.3 is about on par with KDE 3.1 or 3.2, I'd
say.
Without wanting to start anything, the transition from 2.x to 3.x was
eye-opening and exciting; the downgrade from 3.5.10 to 4.1.0 felt
_very_ painful.

Richard

PS: I know how much work the KDE team puts into our binaries
and I can't thank them enough!