Re: Kde 3.5 ...

> Do you know when 4.5 will be out and stable? The guys from kde seem to drop
> really stable in their x.5 branches :-)

August, I think.

> I am also not planning moving to kde4 unless I'm sure it's working for me. I
> have a lot of custom software and I'm not sure it's working. I'll have to
> test it soon (again).

Then get out there this weekend and test! Seriously, if you want the
fixes to make it in time for KDE 4.4 then _now_ is the time!

> For now my parents are running debian testing with kde4.4 (I think) and they
> are very glad. It's much much better then kde3. It took them some time to
> get use to the new widget layouts, but recently they admitted they like it
> much better then kde3.

Yes, KDE 4 seems to be much better for the average Joe. But that is
the reason that power users suffer at the moment! A.Joe already has
Gnome...

--
Dotan Cohen

http://bido.com