Re: KDE 4.4.3 in unstable

Nate Bargmann wrote:

> Now that my system is poised to update to KDE 4.4, I think this
> is where I'll get off the train and let KDE go where it wants and I
> shall go elsewhere.
>
> Thanks for the fish.
>
> - Nate >>

Free software is all about freedom:

 - developers are free to assign their time to whatever they see fit
 - other developers are free to fork code and use a given codebase
 - users are free to use the code
 - … or not.

You are free to choose whatever software fits you best. Your problem seems
that Debian won't ship KDE 3.5 because nobody (so far) is interesting in
doing the work. No ranting will change that (rather the opposite even).

I see two paths you can take :

  * change DE and stop ranting
  * contribute and change the situation

That's just IMHO.