Re: KDE 4.4.3 in unstable

Am Donnerstag 06 Mai 2010 schrieb Kevin Krammer:
> On Thursday, 2010-05-06, Sune Vuorela wrote:
> > On 2010-05-05, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. <bss@iguanasuicide.net> wrote:
> > > I also have a history with MySQL and I *do* *not* *trust* it with
> > > my data. = UPS or not.
> >
> > Then luckily you don't have to. The only data that mysql is *storing*
> > (as opposed to caching) is data it still haven't been able to sync
> > with the world.
>
> Additionally, I think it is possible to configure this version of
> Akonadi to work with a Postgres instance.

To me from my current impression of unreliability whether Akonadi is
available or not this seems to put another experiment on a stack of
experiments.

Sorry, but from my findings I believe that Akonadi is not yet ready for
prime time. As file indexing via Nepomuk.

I reported most issues upstream and I can only suggest for other Debian
users to do so as well. I don't think that Debian KDE developers have much
time to deal with upstream bugs. Granted some of the bugs could also be
packaging bugs, but I will ping back to Debian KDE developers should I get
hints at that.

Just sometimes I am fed up enough that I do not report a bug. Cause doing
a proper bug report takes quite some time.

I think I never reported that many KDE bugs than since KDE 4.