Re: KDE SC 4.4.2 available on qt-kde.debian.net

Am Sonntag 28 März 2010 schrieb Boyd Stephen Smith Jr.:
> On Sunday 28 March 2010 13:04:37 Nick Boyce wrote:
> > On 28/03/2010 18:14, Matthew Moore wrote:

> > I didn't think it was rude /or/ bad-mannered either.
> >
> > I figured it was simply a commentary on how the author (Modestas)
> > half expected a deluge of knee-jerk queries from list-members asking
> > how on earth Debian packages can be available before the source has
> > even been released by kde.org .....
> >
> > .... and I expect the answer to that is *either* that the Debian devs
> > work so closely with the KDE devs that they get privileged early
> > access,
>
> The KDE release team co-ordinates with packagers and is able to provide
> them access to the release tarballs a few days (rarely more than a
> week) before the official release announcement is made and the
> tarballs appear in the public download section of the KDE website.
>
> The Debian Qt/KDE team may have even more privileged access to the
> source, as well, but I don't know anything about that.

Everyone may check out the KDE sources at any time AFAIK. There is
anonymous SVN access and the KDE projects that are hosted at gitorius are
also publically available. Only write access is limited to trusted KDE
developers.

I don't know for sure, but I don't think that Modestas and the other
debian developers are using release source tarballs at all for KDE.