Re: Nepomuk loses its memory after session restart

Hello,

On ketvirtadienis 25 Kovas 2010 20:32:24 Michael Schuerig wrote:
> I've just had the unfavorable experience that nepomuk has apparently
> lost its memory after indexing 75.000 files. All I had to do was to
> logout from the session and then start a new one. As nepomukservices had
> bloated to 2GB of VM, I thought this a good idea.
>
> In order to check whether only the full-text index is affected, I set
> the rating and comment on a file and again restarted the session. Alas,
> both were lost afterwards.
>
> Am I having particularly bad luck here or are others seeing similar
> things?

This is likely to be the recent virtuoso borkage [1][2]. In other words, make
sure you have fully upgraded virtuoso-minimal and its dependencies to version
6.1.0+dfsg2-3. Then either:

1) disable desktop search, killall nepomukservicestub and virtuoso-t (if they
remain), wipe out nepomuk database (rm -rf
~/.kde/share/apps/nepomuk/repository/), and reenable desktop search letting
nepomuk to reindex everything again;
2) log off from KDE, rm -rf ~/.kde/share/apps/nepomuk/repository/ from virtual
linux console, relogin, let nepomuk to reindex everything again.

In either case, make sure nepomuk search in dolphin works. Sorry, but there is
no reliable to fix this without nuking nepomuk virtuoso dabatase.

1. http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=575173
2. http://bugs.kde.org/231799

--
Modestas Vainius <modestas@vainius.eu>