Re: Questions about building KDE from SVN

On Saturday, 2010-03-20, Alejandro Exojo wrote:

> If everything is in place, cmake will not complain at all, you will be able
>  to compile fine (assuming the build is not broken, which is pretty common
>  in trunk). Everything will be installed to ~/local/$build, so you can
>  delete this directory and you will be good. In that session you can start
>  applications. If you need the whole desktop, you should stop the running
>  KDE, and start a new one in the console. You will have to set the
>  environment again, of course.

I recommend running the apps in a separate user account, especially is testing
requires modify infrastructure/services.

I have a trunk build in /dvl/kde/trunk/install and run KDE like this on a
second X session with a different user account:

startx /dvl/kde/trunk/install/bin/startkde -- :1 vt8

Cheers,
Kevin