unusual QT_PLUGIN_PATH paths

Hi,

I have a default KDE installation using squeeze(testing) for work and
development. I have by default following paths set:
	/home/$USER/.kde/lib/kde4/plugins/:/usr/lib/kde4/plugins/
Following package libqtscript4-qtbindings(source-package:qscriptgenerator)
installs more plugins in /usr/share/qt4/plugin/qscript/.
But the package doesn't extend the QT_PLUGIN_PATH in result to installing it
in that path. Is there a technical reason not to add this to the PATH or is
that just something nobody thought of because nobody is using it?

TIA ,

Andreas Marschke.