Strigi is always indexing

Since I started using nepomuk and strigi indexing service I have noticed
that the indexing process is started over and over again every time my
machine is rebooted. This is a non-sense since at the moment I'm not
adding files inside the folders I set up for being indexed. That is,
the nepomuk tray icon shows that something like 300 files are being
indexed, the process finishes after a while and it's possible to search.
When the machine is rebooted, it starts again. Moreover, the results I
get when I search something heavily depends on the amount of files have
been indexed at the moment (i.e. the same repeated research could
produce more results yesterday than today), meaning that nepomuk/strigi
are really indexing from zero (tabula rasa) forgetting all the past
work.
Considering that Strigi and Nepomuk are processes really intensive for
the CPU, it's not good to have them running all the time, but this is
what happens. Is there something wrong in my setup or something I can
do? Is it a normal behaviour?