Re: Semi-official KDE SC 4.4.1 available (external repository)

On Thu March 4 2010 20:45:54 Modestas Vainius wrote:
> Hello,
>
> if you are interested in upgrading to KDE SC 4.4.1 and giving developers
> some feedback about packaging quality, check http://qt-kde.debian.net/ .
>
> At the moment, all packages except kdesdk, kde-l10n and kdebindings are
> available.

Upgrading a fairly new testing install was not so smooth here.  Following the
instructions on the web page failed with multiple dependency issues.  It took
me longer than it should have to figure out that the root problem was a
dependency of libkdecore5 on liblzma2, which apparently has not made it into
testing yet.  Once I installed that manually, the rest has gone fairly well so
far.

One small but very annoying quirk in konqueror:  right click goes back to the
my fingers work faster than my brain, I spend a lot of time clicking the
forward button and cursing.    ;}

--
Bud Rogers <budr@netride.net>