Re: KDE 4.4.1

On 2010-03-07 Michael Thaler wrote:
> The only problem I found so far is that KAddressbook does not show any
> addresses. As far as I know, it uses akonadi now, do I have to do something
> to  get it working?
I had the same problem only it didn't show any addresses, but a couple, no idea where that selection
came from.
The other thing that I had to fix was installing virtuoso-minimal after it complained that it
couldn't find virtuoso.
By doing a search on *.vcf with "Dolphin - Tools - Find File ..." and selecting "Show hidden files" I
found my contact data and could restore from there.

There were a couple of things I noticed:
- Contacts in KDE 4.4 get rather random names for their .vcf files and they're stored in
~/.local/share/contacts/ where each contact has it's own .vcf file
- Contacts in KDE 4.3 were (/seem to be) stored in ~/.kde/share/apps/kabc/ in 1 file.
- The default contact list (in KDE 4.4) is named "std.vcf", but I couldn't find a std.vcf file on my
file system, but it looks to point to the ~/.local/share/contacts folder
- When you add another address book you do need to specify a file or a folder as the resource
location.

Based on that, I have a couple of questions:
- Is ~/.local/share/contacts the resource location of the default address book or is it's Akonadi's
cache or sth like that?
- Is the preferred location of address books changed from ~/.kde/share/apps/kabc/ to
~/.local/share/contacts with the upgrade from KDE 4.3 to 4.4?
- What (files) should I backup in order to get my PIM data back (after a fresh install for example)?

Regards,
  Diederik