Re: Manually add Wine desktop files to K menu?

* Kevin Krammer <kevin.krammer@gmx.at> [2010 Jan 15 05:38 -0600]:
> On Friday, 2010-01-15, Nate Bargmann wrote:
> > Last year when I updated to KDE4 my Wine menu items disappeared.  One
> > app exists and it was reinstalled a few months ago.  I have several
> > Wine application .desktop files in ~/.config/menus/applications-merged/
> > but it seems as though KDE doesn't find them.
>
> Hmm. there should only be .menu files in there.

You are correct, Kevin.  They are .menu files.  My mistake.

> > Also, the various .desktop files exist in their own directories under
> > ~/.local/share/applications/wine/Programs/ and KDE doesn't find those
> > either.  Some of these programs were installed after KDE4 was installed
> > but still don't show in KDE's Wine submenu.
>
> Can you check if the .menu files in the first directory do  reference these
> .desktop files?

As near as I can tell, they do.

For example, I installed "DisplaySet" with Wine on both my laptop (which
is having the trouble) and my desktop.  On the laptop no menu entry
ever appeared while on the desktop a DisplaySet menu appears under the
Programs folder with two entries, DisplaySet and DisplaySet Help.

I've confirmed that identical files were installed on each machine with
one picking them up and the other not.  Not being clear on which file
to look for that controls all of this isn't helping.

- Nate >>