kdm asks me to login twice

Hi,

I am facing this strange issue since some update (not sure when it
began happening as I don't alwayes reboot my machine).

At every boot I am greeted with the kdm login screen. I enter my
password and then kdm wants me to login again. Once I have logged in
twice, I get to my desktop.

After that, when I tell KDE to shutdown the machine, what do I see?
kdm again. Then, if I shutdown from this kdm it works.

Anyone else experiencing this? Where should I look for a solution? I
am clueless.

Thanks very much,
Cassiano Leal