Re: Customizing KDE4

Hi,

On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 3:13 PM, Adrian von Bidder <avbidder@fortytwo.ch> wrote:
> [People on debian-kde: I'm trying to get a pre-configured desktop running,
> ideally in a way that will override whatever KDE3 config is already in the
> users' ~/.kde.  No success so far :-( ]

I guess to override user's ~/.kde, you should override KDEHOME
environment variable.

Have you looked at http://techbase.kde.org/SysAdmin ?
You should take a look to desktop-base package (hints: see kdeglobals
file and 'kde4-config --path config' output).
I have overrided some defaults for KDE 3 desktop but the method still
applies to KDE4.

cheers,

Fathi