Re: Digikam-doc misses a developer

On Wednesday 16 December 2009 02:46:16 Valerio Passini wrote:
> At the moment none is taking care of packaging digikam documentation.
> Digikam is in extragear, nonetheless it is a very popular application
> for managing and editing pictures and it's quite complex to use it
> without a good manual. digikam-doc seems abandoned and many wishes/bugs
> have been open for this reason. This mail can't be a RFP, since the
> (old) package exists, however it is a request that some pious KDE
> developer take care of it. What it needs is to be maintained considering
> that the next stable release of digikam is near and it would be really a
> pity to not have the relative documentation in Debian. If it's not
> possible to fulfill my request for technical reasons, I would like to
> know them.

Valerio,

Thanks for your interest in digikam-doc in Debian.

Unfortunately there is very little we can do from a Debian perspective as upstream have not yet updated the documentation suite for digikam.

http://www.digikam.org/drupal/docs
http://sourceforge.net/projects/digikam/files/

Rest assured that once upstream do release, the Debian package will be updated.

Mark