Re: kde 4.3.4 is building for unstable now ;-) [OT] nvidia-installer Vs m-a

On Saturday December 12 2009 2:46:12 pm Manolete, ese artista wrote:
> El Sábado 12 Diciembre 2009 21:55:49 Valerio Passini escribió:
> > Generally, using nvdia-installer
> > when there is an upgrade/revision of the xorg packages, you always need
> > to run the nvidia-installer again.
>
> Isn't it the same in the Debian way? I don't use it since 3 years ago, I
>  dont remember, to be honest... But I'm very aware that whenever a udgrade
>  my kernel to a major release I have to reinstall my Nvidia driver as well,
>  which is a "rompipalle" (balls-breaker or whatever they say, in English)
>  thing, yes.

This was actually what make me start doing it the Debian Way. Using module-
assistant, it is only necessary to reinstall the driver when you upgrade your
kernel. Installing with module-assistant is as simple as

$ m-a update && m-a a-i nvidia

IMO this is no more work than running some script, and it also doesn't require
you to navigate to nvidia's website in order to download the latest version.

MM