Re: Searchbar in Konqueror

On Saturday 17 October 2009 14:21:19 Nate Bargmann wrote:
> After a brief search I found that I needed to install the konq-plugins
> package for the searchbar extension which I did.  When I go to
> Settings|Configure Extensions the Search Bar plugin is shown as
> available and enabled.

 I'm guessing you've already tried to disable it, save, quit,
 come back, and re-enable it?

 The function works fine here - FWIW - I've just enabled it again,
 immediately pops up on an Apply - and then disabled it.

 It's actually one of the first things I get rid of in any browser,
 but particularly konqueror where you have the far more powerful
 gg: shortcut.  Search bars just take up space that I can't spare,
 and limit me to one engine (compare my frequent usage of gg:,
 ud:, wp:, and so on).

 I'd suggest relocating your konquerorrc - while you're not logged
 into KDE of course - and seeing if the default instance you get on
 the next login plays nicer.

 Jedd.