Nepomuk / Strigi index empty?

I'm trying to find out how to use Nepomuk and Strigi for indexing my files.

I have managed to make Nepomuk use Strigi (as far as I can tell), and
there is a Nepomuk icon in my system tray.

When I click it, a window entitles "Nepomuk Strigi File Indexing -
Nepomuk Service Stub" pops up.

In this window, I can read:

"Nepomuk Strigi File Indexing"

"Strigi Indexing State
Strigi is currently indexing files in folder <somefolder>"

"Nepomuk Storage State
Indexed files: 0 files in index
Nepomuk store size: 813.4 MiB"

The first thing that I noticed is that even though Nepomuk's store
size is almost 1GB, there are no files indexed. The other thing is
that it is very slow to change directories while indexing.

Anybody has any comments on that?

Thanks a lot,
- Cassiano