Re: Perhaps a bit off topic?

El Jueves 24 Septiembre 2009 03:01:15 Arthur P. Mulinari escribió:
> FROM: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mozilla_software_rebranding
>
> The key point isn't the copyright, but Debian's modifications in
> Firefox -- as I see.

I know, but I thought Debian made those modifications due to the copyright on Mozilla's logos.
As far as I know Debian policies don't admit copyrighted material in their free repositories, but since uploading Mozilla's software as "non-free" had been absurd, hence the logos modification, which obliged Debian to change also the programs' names, as the links in Wikipedia's article seem to prove.
But discussing about that is indeed totally off topic. What I wonder is why Debian decided Amarok's copyrighted logo deserved to have a special treatment?

Just a matter of curiosity, so, again, don't anybody feel they need to explain that to me i this list; if someone knows of any discussion on the net about this issue, I'd be glad, :).