Re: howto break up the desktops

[P K | Thursday 17 September 2009]
> On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 3:36 PM, David Baron <d_baron@012.net.il> wrote:
> [...]
>
> > I have been using multiple activiities for a few days now and find
> > that it is not stable. Sometimes it logs onto one, sometimes another.
> > Sometimes the desktop-activity pairings change. A pain to go and set
> > them back.
> >
> > 1. How do I (can I in the current version) delete unwanted
> > "activities"?? 2. How do I (can I in the current version)
> > hard-associate an activity with a desktop and have that "stick"??
>
> My experience when 4.3.0 was first released was exactly same.... I
> decided against using it completely. Remove *plasma* files, and swear
> not to fall for a "widely-advertised" feature again. This whole KDE
> 4.x is going to leave a bad bad sore in everyone's mind....

Do not talk for "everyone" until you actually asked everyone. There are
problems, yes, but there are many users that think KDE 4 is already a huge
improvement over what has been there before. So please, feel free to tell
everyone that you are unhappy with things, talk to the developers, make
suggestions (other than "give me KDE 3 back") and help iron things out what
people seem to miss... but don't talk about an "everybody" you cannot
possibly know.

Regards