Re: howto break up the desktops--sharing applets

On Wednesday 09 September 2009 14:33:21 David Baron wrote:
> Applets that are on the panel are shared in different desktops. Is there
> any way to share non-panel plasmoids rather than have different instances
> of say, trashcan, home, etc. Of course, if I want different colors or such,
> I need different instances, but common stuff should be sharable.

Widgets are isolated to their containment.  The panel(s) are one containment.
Each activity is a separate containment.  It is (or used to be) possible to
change desktop (collection of applications) and activity (collection of
widgets) separately.  Note that, when using such an option, the wallpaper is
associated with the containment, so it changes when you switch activity, not
when you switch desktop.