Re: howto break up the desktops--sharing applets

David Baron wrote:
> Applets that are on the panel are shared in different desktops. Is there
> any way to share non-panel plasmoids rather than have different instances
> of say, trashcan, home, etc. Of course, if I want different colors or
> such, I need different instances, but common stuff should be sharable.

you may
1 - add another panel and put applets on it
2 - put applets in dashboard only
3 - set a different activity for each virtual desktop, and add applets in
activity

For 2 & 3 you need to check the related options in plasma configuration
panel after zooming out the UI
There is a short movie (animated gif) explainingh that on
http://userbase.kde.org/Plasma/FAQ/HowTo#Activities

xavier