Re: how to add a printer in kde-core Lenny

On Tue, Sep 01, 2009 at 10:14:40AM -0400, Loeghmon T. Nejad wrote:
> I am new to KDE 3.5 and I do not find "add printer" in the menu
> system. Is it that printer installation is not supported in KDE-CORE
> and it is required that I install additional more components?

Do you have the print system menu enabled ?  Right-click on the K menu
then choose Configure Panel / Menus / Print System to check.

Do you have CUPS installed ?  kdeprint says it can use any of CUPS,
lpd-ng or the traditional lpd, but I've only used it with CUPS so I
can't say how well it configures the other two.

If you run kcontrol directly and choose Peripherals / Printers /
Adminstrator mode, doe the Add Printer dialogue there work ?

Nick