KDE(?): docx files seen as zip (ok with xlsx/pptx)

Hello,

Setup: clean Debian lenny with KDE 3.5. Then OpenOffice 3.1 backported
packages, mime-support from squeeze (it includes mime types for Office
2007 files).

After that, KDE still sees xlsx/docx/pptx files as Zip files so I
added the extensions for their respective OO.org applications in
Control Center / KDE Components / File associations (ex: *.docx for
application/msword, *.xlsx for application/msexcel).

Then log out/log in to KDE, and xlsx/pptx files are correctly
associated to openoffice but docx files are still seen as a Zip
archive (application/x-zip). I tried with several docx files. Manually
associate them with "Open with" is not a solution because then Zip
files would also be opened in OO.org.

I have investigated as long as ideas were still coming but could not
pinpoint anything. Anyway I could see that:

 - (a) mime types seem equally well configured for docx and xlsx (and
KDE ignores them)
 - (b) file utility see all those types as a Zip archive

Opening those files from iceweasel (if attached to a mail for ex.)
works (which confirms that mime/mailcap configuration is good).

relevant KDE configuration files
(/usr/share/mimelnk/application/[msword|msexcel].desktop) seem to be
configured the exact same way.

Now I am short of ideas... so I hope that someone here can give some
good hint to fix or work around this.

(I posted this exact message in [1]; but there I included some
commands output to justify (a) and (b)).

[1]: http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=44541&sid=5425b51e3745e75cdad4226471068d16