Re: Konqueror cannot verify certificates

Hi, list:

On Sunday 30 August 2009 17:34:03 Dietz Pröpper wrote:
> Michael Schuerig:
> [ssl trouble]
>
> > I'm running KDE 4.3 and my system is an up-to-date Debian/unstable.
> > Does anyone have an idea what might be going wrong here?
>
> I fear, ssl is severely broken in 4.3. Perhaps they'll fix it in the next
> release (if they find time apart from producing top priority eye candy...)

Which rises the question: why is KDE 4.x on Sid when it still is obviously not
ready for production?  Wouldn't it be better fitted in Experimental?

I mean, if Squeeze were to froze tomorrow, KDE 4.x would have no chance to be
a competitor for KDE 3.x (which, by the way, I think is not avaliable on Sid
anymore); why is then on Sid, where only integration efforts (not app-level
bug-squashing) are meant to happen?

I don't mean this to exactly be a KDE-only question but more of a
Debian-as-a-project one.