Re: Weird behaviour - resize of konsoles has 2s delay

On Sun 2009-08-23, George Kiagiadakis wrote:
> 2009/8/23 jedd <jedd@progsoc.org>:
> >  With konsoles, typically full-screen, or at least full-vertical
> > size, click-and-hold the top or side edge and start to re-size.
> >  For me I'm getting a 2s delay - during which X basically freezes.
> You are probably using quite old nvidia drivers. This is a known
> nvidia bug, but it is supposed to be fixed in recent versions of the
> driver. Try upgrading it.

 George - thanks for your suggestion.

 Since April (4.2.2 into unstable) I've been tracking the nVidia
 drivers fairly regularly, updating within a week of new ones
 being released.  I see that .31 was replaced by .36 a couple
 of days ago, so I've grabbed and installed that version.

 Surprisingly, there's nothing in their changelog that looks
 related.

 After using this new driver for a few hours, I feel that it
 might have helped (it's a tricky call) but it certainly hasn't
 solved the problem unfortunately.

 Jedd.