Re: Pulseaudio and its Daemons

On Monday 24 August 2009 13:48:41 Kevin Krammer wrote:
> > KDE will not start if I have killed them. Runs fine without them until
> > Ilog out.
>
> Hmm, interesting.
> Didn't know there was a dependency on the system bus.
>
> > Since these were there before 4.3 and other recent Sid upgrades, they in
> > themselves are not the problem. Something in  4.3's core or in recent
> > Xorg is exercising them.
>
> Right, xorg depends on D-Bus and HAL for detecting devices.

If Xorg needs them, so does KDE (I restart Xorg for new session because of
another longstanding bug).

Once Xorg has started, I would assume it has its devices set unless dbus
reports, from udev, something added. So ... this mess should not be taking CPU
cycles any longer. Things should long have quited down.