Pulseaudio and its Daemons

KDE 4.3 comes up with pulseaudio whether I want it or not. If I were to use
it, I need to start it with options other than the default used, I sincerely
believe.

Problem is that, as I have stated, an instance of hald and dbus, owned by
haldaemon and messageboxd.., are started with it. These bog down the system.
Plasma-desktop will be taking > 30%, the daemns 10-20%, this idle.

If I kill one of the daemons, low and behold, plasma goes down to a few %.

WIthout these daemons, pulseaudio will not start and there may be difficulties
restarting kde as well. I think this needs to be brought under control, huh?