KDE-Login stalls under 4.2.4...

When I login to KDE 4.2.4 the first-time after bootup, my laptop usually stalls after the 5 KDE-icons transition from
fuzzy to sharp.  If I click the left-mouse-button, that splash-screen dissolves, and the desktop becomes
visible, but none of the startup functions, such as population of the systray, or startup of my previous tasks, etc,
ever happen.

The 'workaround' is to then do 'ctrl-alt-backspace' causing restart of the X-server, and then I login a second-time,
and that login always progresses normally (i.e. the desktop appears and systray, etc, and tasks startup normally).

Anyone seeing this?  Is there a known fix for this?

Dave
http://mysite.verizon.net/david.hubert.cook/gwt-google-maps/