Re: Images in Kmail

Thanks Anna and John.

You are trying to help very sincerely, and I'm very grateful, but I think I must explain my situation a bit.

I have a little experience with Debian and KDE for domestic tasks, an I must say I'm in love with them. Twice a  week I work from home on my own computer, where I can install whatever I want; so I wanted to try Linux and KDE for job.
These mails I need to compose are to be read even from mobile phones; I cant lose time composing several dozen pages every day page in some text processor and export to PDF and then attaching and sending; as I said, it's my job, I can't be playing with several pieces of software and formats. A text processor, a PDF reader to verfy the document is ok, and an email client to send, when I can do all that with just one piece of software in a 3rd or quarter of the time, is just unacceptable for serious work, honestly. Nor I can depend on if every single one of my recipients have PDF readers installed, or, more important, if for any bug/version incompatibility/whatever-reason-technicians-always-say-never-happen-but-users-know-they-do-happen-more-often-than-desirable some of them can't open the document, like happens from time to time with PDFs, PPSs, ZIPs, etc. Our workers need to have the info we send them from office in the precise moment and our clients
 want their info quickly, easily and effectively, not to call us back because they don't even know how to install a PDF reader in their PDAs or phones (believe it or not there are a lot of people like that in this world).

So, the point is to send some diagrams and graphs with mostly non formatted text, something rather simple, quick to do, and viewable with any email client or web browser even on old equipments, like our company is doing since years. No more complications, PDF is not an option, not a better approach at all. In business, people don't delete html mails from known senders (to be honest even from unknown ones, unless the subject is suspicious, in a foreign language or something like that), in fact I'd say they are even more common than plain text ones. Our clients and workers do know our company isn't sending them spam.

I suppose that the answer to my wuestion is that Kmail just can't compose html mails. I'll have to use Evolution or Thunderbird if I don't want to be "prisoner" of Windows anymore at least when I'm at home, I guess. As I said in my first mail a html capable client is the only thing I miss from Windows in KDE. I'll have to use GTK apps, not my favorite option, but not so bad either.

Thank you anyway, :).