Re: Re: KDE 4 Issues with Nvidia Card

On Sat, Jun 20, 2009 at 19:05, Federico Brega<charon.66@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've got this issue too. I'd like to compile nvidia module following
> the Debian way, so I use module-assistant to not install the nvidia
> driver every time a switch to another kernel version.
> Is there a way to do something like that on a newer driver?
> Thanks
> Federico

As far as I know, there's no way to avoid recompiling third-part
modules every time you change your kernel. Even using module-assistant
you have to do this, don't you? (Actualy, It makes no sense not have
to, just because a binary module is directly associated to an
individual kernel).

All the times I have switched to another kernel, I had to recompile
modules that don't come with it by default.