KDE 4 Issues with Nvidia Card

Hi,

I have just upgraded my KDE (on a Debian Squeeze box) to 4.2.2 , and I
have been experiencing some problems with it since then.
The very first thing I noticed was this[1]. (Look at the K menu).
Next, I enabled desktop effects and things got worse. See what
happened with Konsole, for example. [2] Not just with Konsole, but
many things got messed up too.
Altough I have already disabled effects, I still get (what I guess to
be) rendering issues like shown at [1].

See, I'm not talking about performance issues. (By the way,
performance looks very nice, even better than with Compiz.)

I have an Acer 7520, and my video card is a Nvidia 7000M. I'm running
the Squeeze's version of NVIDIA propietary driver, not the latest one
from NVIDIA site or available on Unstable (and actually I have not
tried to run it yet).

Does anybody has already experienced something like that? Does anybody
know any way to solve that problem? (A workaround, maybe?)
Any help would be very welcome.

Thank you.

[1] http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/833/kmenu.png
[2] http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/9666/konsoley.png